Joomla 3.x version is said to have a lot of significantly modern improvements. One of the outstanding features is that in version 3.x, Joomla can be more compatible with Mobility functions. Installing Joomla is not a hard task to achieve. There are several ways to do it and all of them offer benefits depending on the individual needs of the users. Today, we will show you the most popular way to install Joomla 3.x, which takes no more than 5 minutes.
- Before starting to install Joomla 3.x, you need to download it. Remember to download the Full Package 3.x then unpack the compressed file to a folder on your local disk.
- Make sure your environment meets the Joomla’s prerequisites. Sometimes, you will see the following screen:
You need to resolve the issues in red at first. Of course, if this screenshot does not turn up, your environment meets the prerequisites, jump up to next steps.
- Select the language used in installation process.
- Enter the name of your site.
- Give some descriptions about your site.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter the username (‘admin’ can be used as the default name)
- Enter the password. Remember the username and password to access the Backend of your site in the future.
- Choose type of your site: Online or Offline.
- Hit the Next button.
- You do not need to change Database Type.
- The database information details
If you’re using WAMP or another software in a Windows environment: root – [no password] – basejoomla
If you’re using MAMP in a Mac OS environment: root – root – basejoomla
- 5 characters are automatically generated, you can change it if you want
- You can choose to back up or remove the tables of the previous installation.
- Choose to install or not some sample data.
- Choose to email the installation’s configuration settings. The email will be sent to the address entered in Main configuration.
Finishing the installation
- You need to remove the installation folder to access your website.
- Access the website: Site button to view your newly installed Joomla Site front-end, Administrator button to test the back-end of your Joomla Site.
Congratulation! Everything has been done and Joomla! 3.x has been successfully installed then if you need any assistance, please write to me.
We want to give a huge thank for your time taken on our blog. Did you find it helpful? Drop a line and share it forward to help others. Have a nice day!